August each year for the past 10 years has been designate Tradies National Health Month by Australia’s leading association for physiotherapists – Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA). The initiative was started to provide an opportunity for workers in many sectors, but particularly the trades, to reassess their wellbeing, both mental and physical. These are matters that often get put aside by many people. Business finance issues can be a source of mental health problems and Jade Finance urge operators to consider ways to ease the pressure in Tradies Health Month.
Not only business owners in the trade or building, we’re making the call-out to all business owners. The focus on health during August represents a great opportunity to assess issues and concerns around business finances and seek solutions to improve the situation and avoid potential health worries.
In addition to what could be expected under normal operating conditions, the pandemic has created a new set of challenges which continue to be experienced and in some instances have actually increased in recent times. The pressures on business unable to operate to capacity due to labour shortages and supply of stock and materials and of course the RBA
The Tradies Health Month offers ideas and information on improving physical and mental health and Jade Finance can provide options and solutions to ease pressure in regard to a range of finance issues.
Focus on Health
The Tradies Health Month is a national campaign which is run by the APA in August each year. According to the APA, research reveals 60% of trades people experience pains and aches from their work very often. The APA says that the reduction in a person’s physical health which may result from these situations can also negatively impact their mental wellness.
Many tradespeople far too readily accept the aches and pains as a given with their job. But as the APA points out, if these issues continue untreated, even smaller issues can increase to become more chromic concerns. Concerns that can have an effect on the person’s capabilities to even perform their job. This scenario can result in negative longer-term outcomes.
While the key focus of the campaign is for individual works, it also encompasses the role and impact for employers. Making sure that their workers adequately address their health problems can be significant to the business operation. Sick leave, whether short or long term, can result in a business being short-staffed and unable to achieve optimum output. In the current economic conditions of shortages in the labour market, businesses can be wise to make all efforts to keep workers healthy.
The result can be reducing sick leave and the impact that can have on wages bills as well as haing a healthier and more productive staff.
As the campaign is run by the APA, it encourages workers to consult with their toolkit for assistance
. This is a great resource and includes response to typical questions around:-
- Decreasing the risk of work injury.
- Ways that employers can contribute.
- Specific actions for avoiding back pain.
- Proper techniques for lifting.
- Assistance which can be provided by physiotherapists.
While we’re including all workers and businesses, work in the building and particular by tradespeople can be highly physical. As much as the tradies’ tool box is full of equipment, the body is also an essential tool.
For employers, the APA states that there are physiotherapist available to conduct assessments of risk on sites and work places. In addition, they can provide worker and employer education in regard to how to manage injuries and how to support those affected.
Solutions to Ease Business Finance Pressures
Particularly for small businesses such as SMEs in general, sole traders and owner-operators, finance can be a big source of concern. Worrying about business finance, if not addressed, can result in serious mental health concerns. Jade Finance supports small and large businesses with a vast range of finance solutions. Solutions which may ease the worry and the pressure.
Solutions can include:-
- Cheap machinery and equipment finance to enable a business to upgrade machines to newer models that feature ergonomic design. Designs which may ease back and other pains. Cost-effective machinery finance is available at our better interest rates and through a selection of finance products including: Chattel Mortgage, Lease, Rent to Buy and Commercial Hire Purchase.
- Providing Chattel Mortgage Finance for equipment, vehicles, trucks and other assets which enables the opting in of temporary full expensing. A measure which offers significant tax benefits which may ease cash flow pressures.
- Refinancing can be a godsend to business owners. The opportunity to refinance existing loans which may have been secured at a higher interest rate or with unworkable terms and the repayments are placing pressure on the business. Each request for refinancing is addresses individually and custom solutions sourced by our consultants.
- Overdrafts and business loans can present workable solutions to address cash flow shortfalls either short or long term.
These are just a few of the solutions we can offer to assist businesses
with their finances and acquisitions. So in these last few weeks of August, why not make a point of addressing your concerns both physical and mental. And if you’re worries derive from finance, speak with us about possible solutions.
Contact Jade Finance 1300 000 008 for business finance solutions.
DISCLAIMER: NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED IF ERRORS OR MISREPRESENTATIONS ARE FOUND IN THIS ARTICLE. THE ARTICLE IS PREPARED AND PRESENTED FOR GENERAL INFORMATIVE PURPOSES AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE THE SOLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. THOSE REQUIRING GUIDANCE AND ADVICE SHOULD CONSULT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.